This is easy to make vegetable broth. Enjoy as a warm drink or as a cooking liquid or base for a soup.
Easy to make vegetable broth
- Large stock pot
- Fine metal strainer
- Mesh sieve or cheesecloth
- Glass container
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp whole black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp parsley or other herbs
- Sea salt
- 1 gallon Filtered Water
- Roughly chop vegetables. Combine with spices and water in a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer for 2 hours
- Strain through a fine metal strainer, then again through a mesh sieve or cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate in a glass container for up to 3 days, or freeze for later use.